Requirements for qualification are:
- Completion of Sailing IV (Practical Examination)
- Passing the Sailing IV – Outside Ocean Sailing take-home exam
- Twenty (20) hours of independent sailing time*
- Ten hours (10) of independent sailing time MUST be completed BEFORE attending the Sailing IV class.
* Independent sailing time consists of rental hours, racing, day sails, clinics, participating as a Teaching Assistant, or any combination of non-class sailing at the UCLA Marina Aquatic Center within the prior three months.
(Students or renters who take any UCLA MAC sailboat on the bay without meeting the above requirements will have their sailing privileges revoked.)